Bicycle attorney Josh Cohen is a cyclist himself.
Helping people injured in all settings, with an empasis on seeking justice for injured cyclists and fighting to make the streets of Los Angeles safer for cyclists in general.
Attorney Josh Cohen
There are nearly 200,000 lawyers who actively practice law in the State of California. Yet, pick just about any one these lawyers who practices personal injury law and you’ll find them gushing about fighting and championing the rights of drivers as car accident victims, but rarely will you see mention of where on the spectrum they fall for bicycle and pedestrian advocacy.
Josh Cohen has dedicated his law firm to advocating for injured cyclists and pedestrians. California isn’t known for being particularly bike-friendly. Every year, the state consistently trails just behind Florida in both bike and pedestrian fatalities and injuries.
Because Josh Cohen is a personal injury attorney in Los Angles, CA who rides the city’s streets every day, he understands such statistics aren’t caused by California cyclists being exceptionally daring, but rather it’s largely the result of a poor roadway infrastructure paired with motorized vehicle drivers who are not adept at sharing the road. Unfortunately, the latter has become the norm as drivers have become more distracted than ever with texting, application alerts, phone calls, and a general rushing to get to their destination.
If you have been involved in a bicycle or pedestrian collision with a driver, you do not want an inexperienced or one-size-fits-all general personal injury lawyer. You need an experienced cyclist skilled at representing bicycle person injury cases. At Josh Cohen Law Firm, we are avid cyclists just like you, and understand your same frustrations with inattentive drivers, defective roadways, and sometimes even law enforcement officers who do not recognize bicyclists rights when issuing citations or recording the aftermath of a collision.
How Josh Cohen, Bicycle Injury Attorney Will Help You
Our law office boasts a combined 55 years of litigation experience. But when you hire Josh Cohen as your personal injury attorney in Los Angles, you get much more than just a lawyer – you get a person who cycles to work every day of the week and who advocates for better cycling infrastructure as a participating member of the Los Angles County Bicycle Coalition and MoveLA.
Our meeting will begin with a free consultation, which is a one-on-one conversation with you, and your loved ones where appropriate, to determine the underlying legal issues and the best, most cost-effective strategies we can take to resolve your personal injury or other litigation matters.
We’ll assist in clarifying your objectives and mapping out a plan to obtain those objectives. The Josh Cohen law firm has proven itself time and time again to be effective in resolving legal matters as quickly and economically as possible. Read through our testimonials to learn more.
Bicycle Accident Cases the Josh Cohen Law Firm has Handled
- Injuries and damages sustained due to road defects, such as potholes, ill-timed lights, unsafe man-hole covers, and dangerous road gratings
- Injuries and damages caused by bicycle equipment defects, including broken forks, quick-releases, stems, etc.
- Accidents between motorcycles and bicycles
- Accidents between trucks and bicycles
- Any and all bicycle accident injuries and damages caused by the negligence or reckless acts of drivers, including traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful deaths involving cyclists
- Cyclists insurance claims
- And more
Our Law Firm isn’t Just for Cyclists
While advocating for cyclists and pedestrians is our primary mission, those aren’t the only types of cases we take. Our attorneys also have extensive experience resolving and litigating matters involving:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall injuries
- Recovery of estates and trust assets
- Contested wills and trusts
- Issues of accounting and surcharges
- Appeals, arbitration, and mediation
- Business disputes
- And more
Contact us today for more information about the Josh Cohen law firm or to schedule a free consultation.
Don’t Get Hurt
• Follow the law.
• Ride with the flow of traffic.
• Wear a helmet.
• Wear brightly colored clothing.
• Mount flashing lights on your bike.
• Maintain your bike in good repair.
• Wear a helmet cam.
• Get Bicycle and/or Uninsured Motorist insurance.
If you actually do get hit:
• Seek immediate medical treatment.
• File a police report.
• Retain legal counsel.